Objective: By 9/18, all students will use Scratch to create a 20-second long animated clip.
- Meet in small groups for 5 minutes and discuss the following: a) how would you describe coding to someone? and b) what kind of coding have you done in the past?
- Watch one or more of the following videos on your own or as a whole group.
- Go to scratch.mit.edu and make sure you have a district account.
- Explore the Starter Activities. Go inside. Play with the code behind some of the projects. Break them! Change them! Remix them!
- Post your thoughts on the Padlet below (or click on this link).
- Create your own project or animation. It should include: at least 2 sprites, a creative background, 'When Clicked Start,' motion, sound, and a loop. Your work will be assessed based on this rubric.
- Need help? Or a refresher? Try these Tutorial Videos From Scratch or these Free User-Created Videos on Redware. If you don't want to watch a 'how-to' video and would rather read directions, this is a great PDF file.